10 Reasons Your Business should Use Social Media
- January 10, 2017
- social media
Social marketing has become a part of our everyday lives and evolves every day. The importance of companies being active on sites such as Facebook and Twitter was the buzz topic – now the conversation has shifted massively and now the strategy must be that every marketing campaign must be social. Social media is more than just a tactic or an adjunct to youre xisting marketing; it is a strategy that should be present in every aspect of your marketing. Now that business is starting to finally understand this, how do you harness it? How do you engage your audience to share your message and to be a customer advocate? Hopefully the following will give you a reason to start exploring this exciting channel if you aren't already.
1. Branding – Create a recognizable identity for your product or service.
2. Create a buzz – Get the word out about your products and services.
3. Online reputation management – Keep an eye on what other people and sites are saying about your business and fix any problems.
4. Establish yourself as an expert – Answer questions professionally, honestly, and correctly, which will earn you respect as an expert in your niche. People will look to you for answers.
5. Word of mouth – Customers need to trust before purchasing – people trust their friends and loved ones more than anyone else. So, if they hear from someone trustworthy about your product, chances are higher that they’ll buy.
6. Small businesses can compete with the large companies – With the right type of viral social media, you could get an immense amount of traffic with quickly-growing natural links, and keep traffic coming for a long time.
7. Helps with Search engines– One way to move up in the search engines is to have links from other sites pointed to your site. Natural links – or links that come naturally to your great post. They’ll not only bring in traffic, but should also help move you up further in the search engines.
8. Much more cost effective than traditional marketing and advertising – All in all, social media marketing is just a fraction of the cost of traditional marketing and advertising.
9. Provides another way for potential customers to find you – Even if you’re not on the front page of Google, it doesn’t mean you can’t receive traffic. Social Media has the potential to send you TONS of traffic.
10. Find out exactly what your customers want – You don’t have to wonder what your customers want. You want to know what they want? Ask them on social media, and they’ll tell you.
The Bottom line – Marketing is about getting out the word, engaging in conversations, taking suggestions, problem solving, educating your audience, and promoting your company, product, or service. One of the best ways for small businesses to create buzz is through social media.